18 Nov 2012

About the English Upper Class

We all have topic that we are especially fond of reading about and one of my favourite topics is the English upper classe. Why, you ask? I have no idea - but I have an odd attraction to reading about these wellie-wearing, tweed-clad, labrador-petting people. If you share my fascination, you're likely to enjoy these novels: 



"Snobs" by Julian Fellowes



"Past Imperfect" by Julian Fellowes



"The Shooting Party" by Isabel Colegate



"My Last Duchess" by Daisy Goodwin



"Brideshead Revisited" by Evelyn Waugh



"Palladian" by Elizabeth Taylor (no, not that Elizabeth Taylor)



"The Pursuit of Love" by Nancy Mitford

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recs! I also love books about the English upper class so these will be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love already! I keep meaning to read some Nancy Mitford and I think Julian Fellows is one of the best character-builders ever.

    ReplyDelete