24 Aug 2010

Another Tuesday, another teaser



Another Tuesday, another teaser. This time it is from "The Diary of a Provinvial Lady" by E.M. Delafield:

"Read admirable, but profoundly discouraging article in Tide and Time relating to Bernard Shaw's women but applying to most of us. Realise - not for the first time - that intelligent women can perhaps best perform their duty towards their own sex by telling them the truth about themselves."

I love the the provincial lady, she is a wonderful companion on my morning bus trip into work!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading at http://www.shouldbereading.wordpress.com. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments:

  1. Nice teaser! I haven't read that book though I think I may own it - I'll have to check LibraryThing to see if it's in my catalogue.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look at it - it is a really great book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like a fun book! I don't know too much about it though, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete